We missed the Famous Amos cookies and thought why not experiment with baking our very own home-made “Famous Amos” cookies during the Circuit Breaker. Here’s the recipe for you to try at home too!
Ingredients for 1 batch of cookies:
250 g Butter
330 g Plain Flour
65 g Corn Flour
250 g Chocolate Chip
100 g Almond
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Sodium Bicarbonate
6 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
Below are the steps to follow:
1. Combine butter, brown sugar, vanilla essence, and egg in a bowl and mix.
2. Add all remaining ingredients (except chocolate chips) and mix well.
3. Add chocolate chips into cookie better and mix again.
4. Add chopped almonds/walnut/peacans as you wish and mix.
5. Refrigerate the cookie dough for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 150°C. Coat the baking tray with some butter or lay parchment paper on the tray.
7. Create little peaks from the cookie dough and place them apart. (They require some social distancing in case they stick to each other during the process)
8. Bake for 20 minutes until cookies turn golden brown or slightly longer to dark brown if you prefer them to be crunchier.
Reviews from the family:
– The texture and taste is somewhat like the Famous Amos cookies but is definitely not exactly like the real thing. I believe it’s the secret Famous Amos essence that produces the aroma that diffuses in the air when you walk past their stores.
– To the kid, the cookies are awesome.
– Shared the cookies with some neighbors and business associates. Awaiting their reviews. 🙂
Author: Renee Tan, Founder, H.E.R Entrepreneur