Conference Day 1 | 6 November 2019
Digitalisation and Scaling-up for Business Success
0800 Registration & networking
0900 Chairperson’s opening remarks
Renee Tan, Founder, Rendeur (H.E.R Entrepreneur)
0910 Guest-of-Honour Opening Speech
Digitalisation & Funding Strategies
0930 Keynote address
0950 Panel discussion: Capitalising on the economical situation and uncovering funding and capital raising strategies for business growth
– Accelerating business growth through conventional vs alternative financing strategies
– How should businesses position themselves to overcome challenges in capital raising and funding
– What’s trending? Understanding what makes an investor tick and exploring the top most investable businesses
Juliana Jan, Chief Investment Officer, Cradle Fund
Datuk Wan Suraya, Secretary General, Ministry of Entrepreneur Development (MED)
1040 Speed networking & morning networking refreshment
1100 Panel discussion: Globalising your business through new-generation technologies
– Developing strategic e-commerce platforms to accelerate business growth through global sales
– Driving international sales leads with social media marketing tools
– Accelerating the efficiency of sales-related transactions with innovative payment solutions
Christy Ng, Chief Executive Officer, Christy Ng Shoes
Rhonda Wong, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Ohmyhome
Kent Chua, Co-Founder, Rhombus Connexion
Ai Ching Goh, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Piktochart
Scaling-Up & Productivity
1150 Panel discussion: Accelerating business expansion through innovative strategies and multi-stakeholders’ support
– Collaborating with the ecosystem for accelerated business growth locally and globally
– Developing innovative and competitive strategies for business growth across borders
– Leveraging on Public-Private Partnership (PPP) for more accessible market entry
Jeffrey Paine, Founding Partner, Golden Gate Ventures, Singapore
Surina Shukri, Chief Executive Officer, Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
Dr. Mohd Shuhaizam Mohd Zain, Chief Executive Officer, Bioeconomy Corporation
1240 Networking Lunch
1400 Panel discussion: The future of work – New era of leadership, learning and co-working with technology
– HR transformation and disruption: Creating a human experience in the digital era to enhance employee engagement
– Optimising workplace operations using AI & automation
– Building an eco-system and engaging with the community for workplace diversity and effective collaboration
Nim Sivakumaran, Head of Co., The Co.
1450 Networking Break
1510 Round Table Discussion Briefing
1520 Opening of the round-table discussion:
A round-table discussion is like a mini workshop. Attendees get to choose their roundtable topic of choice. Each round table discussion takes 30 mins where the roundtable facilitator will be presenting about the topic and attendees could share their challenges and ask questions during the intimate round-table session. Attendees may rotate to another topic of choice on the next round.
Round-table A: Peer-to-peer financing options for SMEs
Round-table B: E-commerce for businesses
Round-table C: Digitalisation 101 for SMEs
Round-table D: Implementing personal branding strategies to boost your business
1620 Closing remarks
1630 Networking Tea Extravaganza & Lucky Draw
1800 End of event
*The topics and speakers are subject to changes.
Surina Shukri brings two decades of experience working across a diverse range of companies including global multinationals, middle market companies and early stage startups across the financial services, natural resources and technology sectors.
She spent the bulk of her professional career in a United States, including seventeen years of experience as an investment banker, strategist and leader at JPMorgan Chase & Co., the largest bank in the United States. There she served as Head of Strategy, Innovation & Business Management for Middle Market Banking, Head of Strategy for Commercial Banking, Chief of Staff to the CEO and Executive Director in Natural Resources Investment Banking.
She left JPMorgan Chase in 2018 to start SheNovation Ventures, a transformation and growth venture studio where she advised fintech and blockchain startups on growth strategy and capital raising and consulted business leaders on culture change and transformation.
She graduated from University of Pennsylvania’s Management & Technology dual degree program with a Bachelor of Science in Economics from The Wharton School and Bachelor of Applied Sciences in Systems Engineering from the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences. Prior to returning to Malaysia, Surina lived in Manhattan, New York City with her Malaysian husband and three children.