It’s the holiday season and while people are preparing for the festivities and vacationing with their families, sales for companies tend to decrease. However, there are certain things that companies can do to keep their sales intact or stop them from decreasing at a fast rate. The following things will help you with your sales during the holiday season and keep your customers engaged:
1. Offer special discounts and limited-time deals – Offer discounts or deals to loyal customers to retain them during the holiday period which they cannot refuse. By using marketing segmentation and automation, you can offer teaser deals to your most loyal shoppers.
2. Optimize for mobile devices – Since it’s the holiday season, we don’t expect a lot of people to use their laptops or desktops. The majority of the population will be on their mobile devices. Hence, it becomes important to make your website mobile-friendly. When someone lands on your website, they should know within seconds who you are, how you can help and why they should care.
3. Personalize emails to your customers – Email segmentation based on your customers’ history or personal details such as their birthdate, if you know it, is a powerful tool. This approach reminds your customers that you really do appreciate their loyalty. It works well for a holiday marketing campaign but is also a great strategy anytime.
4. Run a giveaway or contest – The festive season is a perfect period to reward your customers for being with you. While it can be daunting to send personalized holiday cards to every customer, Instagram giveaways are another great way to reward loyal customers. It helps to improve engagement, increase brand awareness, and boost seasonal sales. When you give away branded freebies, you highlight your holiday products and services, which means you have promoted them without many sales.
5. Offer free shipping – Shipping cost is one of the primary reasons for cart abandonment for customers if it’s too high. That’s why many store owners are offering free shipping facilities in their E-commerce store as it is one of the most powerful marketing strategies to increase sales conversions during holiday seasons. However, if you don’t want to offer free shipping to customers, then you can also create custom shipping rules by which your customers can enjoy free shipping if their order value exceeds the certain order amount.