Whether your company is just starting up or has reached the point of maintaining a well-established customer base, it’s important to stay up to date with the most current marketing trends and techniques for your eCommerce business. If you’re interested in finding out the best tried-and-true methods, as well as the newest techniques of marketing for an eCommerce business, pay attention to the 10 tips below:
- Produce original content – Create high quality and original content in a way that makes your customers want to interact with you, purchase from you and maintain a following. Promoting original content is a great way to make a statement, strike a compelling idea, and make a mark ok the user’s mind.
- Optimize your website layout – Website should be easy and simple to check out, that they feel naturally inclined to purchase your products and that it’s clear how to do so. Test the language displayed on your landing and product pages, the language in your conversion elements, and even the strategic placement of icons and elements.
- Content Marketing – Proper content marketing can attract more positive attention, interaction, and sustainable conversions in a way no other marketing method can. These can be blog posts, videos, and newsletters. Advice – create content based on Pareto’s 80/20 rule, which means that your promotions should comprise of 80% informational content and 20% promotional content. Content should be relevant, interesting and unique.
- Social Media Marketing – Utilize social media to generate engagement & interaction, boost traffic to your website, and develop a larger base of customers. Maintaining a solid tone and personality of your company through social media is very important because consistency will create trust within your audience.
- Email marketing – To reach your audience effectively, provide useful content within your emails by making them personal and offering valuable promotions. Open up about what your business is doing and be transparent about your company. Relate to your customers on a level that gauges their interest and keeps them engaging with your emails.
- Search Engine Optimization – With today’s SEO standards, it is important to constantly update your website with relevant content, promote good user experience and be as error-free as possible. Using keywords within your content in a genuine way will also flag your website as a matching result in search engines when users are looking for something specific.
- Pay-per-click marketing – The three basic elements to any pay-per-click marketing campaign: the ad, the offer, and the landing page must be in good harmony. The landing page must deliver what was promised as a reward of clicking on the ad. It must also be customized for keywords to appear somewhere near the top of search engine results.
- Optimize your marketing efforts for mobile devices – Your website must be responsive to any user layout. Mobile users are starting to dominate the sea of internet users and hence, it is important to provide a good user experience.
- Target VR technology – Virtual Reality (VR) technology is a trending technique to which people are still getting used to. Your target audience will be very refined as it’s users would be those who carry the latest devices compatible with VR and don’t mind in dropping a little extra cash. Though this campaign can be expensive, the right approach can be worth the investment.
- Retargeting – customers who have already shown an interest in your website are more likely to make a later purchase. Retargeting tracks customers who have visited your website and displays ads to them while they are browsing the internet with the intent of getting them back on your website. To effectively manage a retargeting campaign, make sure your ads are as specific as possible.
Staying up to date with the latest marketing trends and techniques is crucial for any successful e-commerce website. It’s important to deliver relevant, interesting and valuable content that suits the needs of your target audience. With the right mix of marketing techniques, you can improve the conversion rate and attract sustainable businesses that will continue growing over time.