Staying at home but already starting to get bored? Fear not!
Now is the perfect time to train for your Masterchef debut and try your hand at cooking and baking. Here are 5 easy and delicious recipes to get you off the couch and try something new:
1. Dalgona coffee
Dalgona coffee has taken the Internet by storm, with everyone posting their own attempt at making this delicious and aesthetically pleasing beverage.
1. Mix equal quantities of coffee powder, sugar, and hot water in a bowl. To make one serving, use 2 tablespoons of each ingredient.
2. Then, beat the mixture using a hand mixer or whisk until its light and frothy. Be patient! This may take awhile.
3. Pour yourself a glass of milk with ice, and scoop dollops of the whipped coffee on top.
4. Enjoy while chilled!
2. Peanut Butter Cookies
Intimidated by the long list of ingredients needed for baking, just to satisfy your cookie cravings? Try this simple recipe instead!
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
2. In a large bowl, mix together 1 cup of peanut butter, 3/4 cup of sugar, and 1 egg.
3. Scoop out a spoonful of dough and roll it into a ball. Place the cookie balls onto a nonstick baking sheet.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are golden brown.
5. Remove from baking sheet and cool.
3. Mac ‘N’ Cheese
Ah…The all-time favourite. Rather than buying the pre-packaged version from your local supermarket, try this hassle-free recipe instead!
1. In a large pot, bring 5 cups of milk to a boil.
2. Add 450g of pasta and stir constantly until the pasta is cooked, which will take about 10 minutes.
3. Turn off the heat, and add 2 cups of shredded cheddar. Stir until the cheese is melted and the pasta is evenly coated.
4. BBQ Chicken Tenders
Looking to cook something more filling for dinner, but don’t feel like preparing an elaborate meal? This BBQ Chicken Tenders recipe may be the answer you were looking for.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Slice 1 chicken breast into even strips.
3. Dip the chicken strips into 1 cup (290g) of BBQ sauce, then coat them in 1 cup (120g) of seasoned bread crumbs.
4. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Brush the remaining BBQ sauce evenly on both sides of the chicken strips and bake for another 10 minutes and serve.
5. Crème Brûlée
1. Mix 250ml of milk with 250ml of cream in a bowl using a whisk.
2. Add crème brûlée mix and combine.
3. Transfer mixture into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Keep stirring until bubbles appear, then cool in the fridge for 1 hour.
4. Add white/brown sugar and torch it.
You can choose to garnish with fruits for an extra touch.