Basque Burnt Cheesecake Recipe
Basque burnt cheesecake has been trending and thought of baking it for my one-year old son, topped with fresh strawberries and blueberries the whole family loves. It was my first time baking this and it was a success, thus would like to share this recipe with you.
500g cream cheese (room temp)
100g whipping cream
3 large eggs or 4 small eggs (room temp)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Crushed digestive biscuits or oreo biscuits
1. Pre-heat oven at 210 degree celcius for 25 minutes.
2. Line a 6-inch baking pan with parchment paper, press the parchment paper down and flatten any creases at the side.
3. Cut the cream cheese into small cubes and place them in a mixer. Mix the cream cheese at medium speed for 3 minutes or longer, till creamy.
4. Pour sugar into the mixture and mix at slow speed for 30 minutes, then at medium speed for 3 minutes or longer, till sugar dissolves totally and no sugar grains are felt.
5. Pour in an egg and mix for about 3 minutes at medium speed. Pour in the rest of the eggs, one at a time and mix them well.
6. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract into the mixture (optional).
7. Adjust the mixer to slow speed and slowly add in the whipping cream gradually. Thereafter, adjust to medium speed for 4 minutes or until mixture is smooth and consistent.
(Use a spatula and go round the batter to ensure there are no unmixed cream cheese at the bottom. If so, do break up the clumps and mix manually.)
8. Prepare the base by crushing the digestive biscuits or oreo biscuits, add enough butter to allow the biscuit crumbs to stick.
9. Pour the buttered biscuit crumbs onto the baking pan and press against the bottom and flatten them.
10. Pour batter into the pan and tap to burst any air bubbles.
11. Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 30 mins at 210 degree celcius till its sides are almost burnt and brown. The cake should be puffed.
12. Let cheesecake cool at room temperature or place in the refrigerator. Top with your favourite fruits.
Author: Renee Tan, Founder, H.E.R Entrepreneur