CEO of Ducatus, Ronny Tome, began his journey as a sports trainer in Israel to importing organic loose tea leaf in Bali and then founding SONNENTOR in Austria. Today, he stands as the CEO of Ducatus Global in Singapore and shares with us his journey on what got him into cryptocurrency after all his travels.
1. You have worked in such different industries; from being a sports trainer in Israel, to selling SONNENTOR importing loose leaf teas and then becoming the sole importer and distributor of Erdinger Weissbier and now finally to Ducatus. What peaked your interest in cyptocurrencies and in Ducatus?
I have always liked to do things that nobody else is doing or that others call to hard to achieve. I love the challenge. And being involved in a new industry at a very early time offers both a big challenge and a huge opportunity. I like to be setting new trends and try out new things. Therefore cryptocurrencies were the perfect field for me to get involved in and Ducatus was the product of teh idea and the practical realisation.
2. With so much competition from various cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum, Zcash and of course, Bitcoin, how do you stay competitive?
We have a clear vision of bringing usability to the crypto industry and marry this new and exciting technology with traditional and proven business strategies. That is pretty unique in the industry and I don’t know any other crypto currency who does what we do. Therefore being original and going new ways will always be one of the principles that we will follow as a company.
3. Cryptocurrency is relatively new amongst the Singaporean public and many still hold on to common misconceptions such as cryptocurrencies being dangerous due to ‘anonymous transactions’. How does Ducatus address these misconceptions?
We educate people and offer an easy entry into the world of cryptocurrencies by showing people how easy they are to use buying a cup of coffee or booking your next holiday. We demystify the perceptions by sticking to facts and by simplifying the matter through practice rather than theoretical talks.
4. What new features can we see from Ducatus in the near future?
We are excited to launch our Ducatus Travel and Ducatus Property platforms soon, the only platforms where you will be able to make purchases through payments in crypto only.
5. As someone who is so well travelled, can you share with us an unforgettable experience from any of the countries you have been to?
Wow, there are so many… On one of my latest travels I did a hot air ballon flight in Turkey, rising to more than 1000 meters above the ground. That was an amazing experience and will stay in my memory for a very long time.
6. What advice would you give to budding entrepreneurs looking to start their own business?
Follow your gut, don’t be scared and dream big…
Meet our partner, Ducatus Global, on the 26th September 2018 at the H.E.R Asia Summit as they share more on how cryptocurrency can digitalise your business. For more information, visit: http://bit.ly/hersummit18.
One Thought to “From tea leaf importing to CEO of Ducatus”
[…] W), Nura (Founder of Pearlista), Khai Lin (Co-founder and Chief Financial Officer at Fundnel) and Ronny Tome (CEO of Ducatus Global) on why they started their business and the challenges they faced. You can […]