3 ingredients to make a yummy healthy home-made mango sorbet ice-cream without an ice-cream machine – Recipe for busy mums
Here’s a video with the steps for your reference:
Who doesn’t love a good ol’ ice-cream in this hot weather?
But do you know that the regular ice-cream contains loads of sugar, artificial flavourings. colourings and it’s not exactly something you would want to give your kds.
And have your kids or yourself experience a bad throat and cough right after eating some brands of ice-cream?
This could be due to an allergic response to artificial substitute sugar added, which some people might be sensitive to. Have experienced this myself, so I’ve decided to make my very own mango sorbet ice-cream without the need of an ice-cream machine with just 2-3 very simple ingredients.
- 3 ripe mangoes
- 3-4 small limes (1 tbsp of lime juice)
- 1/2 tbsp honey or as you like
- 1/4 water for blending
- Dice the mangoes into squares.
- Place parchment paper on a tray and place the diced mangoes on the tray.
- Freeze the mangoes in the freezer overnight.
- Place the mangoes in the blending machine and pour some water for easier blending.
- Pour the lime juice in and add more frozen mangoes in and top up with some water as you go along for the blending. Ensure even mixing with a spoon.
- Add the honey as you like. It all depends how sweet/sour your fruits are and you may adjust the amount of honey accordingly.
- Pour the icy puree into a freezable tub and freeze for about 3 hours.
- Scoop into a glass or cone and top up with some fresh mangoes.
Voila, here’s a healthy dessert for you and your family. Yummy!
Written by Renee Tan, Founder, HER Entrepreneur